Job Opening: Office Administrator
Position: Office Administrator
Time Requirements: This is a part-time, salaried position requiring approximately 25 hours per week.
Qualifications, Skills, Gifts: The Office Administrator should be a self-motivated, highly-organized individual with excellent computer, people, and editing skills. This person should have the emotional maturity to handle sensitive information discretely and the ability to keep confidentiality. Organizational skills will require the ability to notify lay volunteers of meetings and responsibilities ahead of time, maintaining records, managing the church calendar, compiling information for church publications, including the weekly bulletin, and maintaining appropriate level of office supplies. People skills will include the friendly greeting of guests and visitors to Epworth, appropriate screening of those requesting admission into the building during Mother’s Day Out (MDO) hours, calling and recruiting volunteers and requesting information from church members, and generally being the “face of the church” during weekly business hours. Computer skills should include proficient use of all Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Publisher, ability to update the church website using WordPress, ability to troubleshoot basic technical problems such as network outages, printer malfunctions, etc., and ability to update church social media sites. Editing skills will require copy editing the bulletin and website as well as ensuring a professional layout and presentation in all Epworth print materials.
Description of Duties:
- Compile, edit, print and distribute weekly church bulletin
- Answer phones, faxes, and emails on behalf of the church as needed
- Screen building entrance during MDO hours
- Attend periodic staff meetings and other meetings as requested
- Manage the church calendar
- Manage facility use requests on behalf of the pastor and Trustees
- Work on special projects as assigned by the pastor or other program staff
- Maintain and recruit lists of volunteers, reminding them in a timely manner of their responsibilities
- Manage and update the church website at the direction of the pastor, program staff, and ministry team leaders
- Manage and update church social media accounts at the direction of the pastor, program staff, and ministry team leaders
- Apprise pastor and congregational care team members of known individuals in pain, the hospital, upcoming surgery, and situations where pastoral care may be desired
- Notify appropriate lay leaders of emergencies in the absence of the senior pastor
- Maintain church email list and correspond with the congregation at the direction of the pastor
- Provide administrative support for pastor’s ministry activities (e.g., filing sermon illustrations)
- Schedule use of the church van
- Refer requests for assistance to local mission agencies when appropriate
- Assist with basic accounting tasks
- Assist with Zoom meetings and slides for online worship
- Other duties as assigned by the senior pastor and/or Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC).
Responsible To: Pastor and SPRC
About Epworth UMC: Epworth UMC is a church with vibrant ministries for children, youth, and adults. We are blessed with a wonderful staff and great church members. We are conveniently located in NE Huntsville atop Chapman Mountain.
Send Letters of Interest, Resumes, and Salary Requirements to: email@example.com (pastor). Respectfully requested no later than May 1, 2021.