For those who prefer YouTube, our YouTube channel is here
Facebook Archive past services
FACEBOOK DIAL IN AUDIO ONLY
Music will not sound good through phone lines
The Order for Worship – Sixth Sunday after Pentecost
Prelude – Nicky Wilson, Organist
Call to Worship – Pastor Todd
Welcome, Announcements & Greeting – Pastor Todd
Ministry Moment – Introducing Amber Cloud
† Hymn of Praise: No. 694 “Come, Ye Thankful People, Come”
- Come, ye thankful people, come, raise the song of harvest home; all is safely gathered in, ere the winter storms begin. God our Maker doth provide for our wants to be supplied; come to God’s own temple, come, raise the song of harvest home.
- All the world is God’s own field, fruit as praise to God we yield; wheat and tares together sown are to joy or sorrow grown; first and blade and then the ear, then the full corn shall appear; Lord of harvest grant that we wholesome grain and pure may be.
- For the Lord our God shall come, and shall take the harvest home; from the field shall in that day all offenses purge away, giving angels charge at last in the fire of tares to cast; but the fruitful ears to store in the garners ever more.
- Even so, Lord, quickly come, bring thy final harvest home; gather thou thy people in, free from sorrow, free from sin, there, forever purified, in thy presence to abide; come, with all thine angels come, raise the glorious harvest home.
† Affirmation of Faith – Apostles Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right and of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
† Gloria Patria
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. Amen.
Children’s Moment – Kelly Priest
Congregational Prayer – Pastor Todd
Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen
† Hymn of Praise: No. 398 “Jesus Calls Us”
- Jesus calls us o’er the tumult of our life’s wild, restless sea; day by day his sweet voice sound-eth, saying, “Christian, follow me!”
- As of old the apostles heard it by the Galilean lake, turned from home and toil and kindred, leaving all for Jesus’ sake.
- Jesus call us from the worship of the vain world’s golden store, from each idol that would keep us, saying “Christian, love me more!”
- In our joys and in our sorrows, days of toil and hours of ease, still he calls, in cares and pleasures, “Christian, love me more than these!”
- Jesus calls us! By thy mercies, Savior, may we hear thy call, give our hearts to thine obedience, serve and love thee best of all.
Giving of Tithes and Offerings: Click here to give online OR mail checks to 2102 Epworth Dr., Huntsville, AL 35811
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; praise him, all creatures here below; praise him above, ye heavenly host; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
Scripture – Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23, NRSV – Pastor Todd
That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the lake. 2Such great crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat there, while the whole crowd stood on the beach. 3And he told them many things in parables, saying: ‘Listen! A sower went out to sow. 4And as he sowed, some seeds fell on the path, and the birds came and ate them up. 5Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and they sprang up quickly, since they had no depth of soil. 6But when the sun rose, they were scorched; and since they had no root, they withered away. 7Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. 8Other seeds fell on good soil and brought forth grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9Let anyone with ears listen!’
18 ‘Hear then the parable of the sower. 19When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what is sown in the heart; this is what was sown on the path. 20As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21yet such a person has no root, but endures only for a while, and when trouble or persecution arises on account of the word, that person immediately falls away. 22As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the lure of wealth choke the word, and it yields nothing. 23But as for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.’
Sermon – Turning the Gem – Pastor Todd
† Hymn of Dedication: No. 600 “Wonderful Words of Life”
- Sing them over again to me, wonderful words of life; let me more of their beauty see, wonderful words of life; word of life and beauty teach me faith and duty. [REFRAIN]
- Christ, the blessed one, gives to all wonderful words of life; sinner, list to the loving call, wonderful words of life; all so freely given, wooing us to heaven. [REFRAIN]
- Sweetly echo the gospel call, wonderful words of life; offer pardon and peace to all, wonderful words of life; Jesus, only Savior, sanctify forever. [REFRAIN]
- REFRAIN: Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life. Beautiful, words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life.
† You are invited to stand. Yes, we know you are at home, but you are still invited to stand!
UPPER ROOM. July-August Upper Room Prayer books have arrived in the office. If you would like one mailed to you just email the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get one out to you as soon as possible.
TRANSPORTATION. Madison County Commission TRAM is a federally funded FTA public transportation program that is open to the public who reside in rural areas of Madison County, AL. TRAM operated on a first come, first serve basis. Riders are urged to schedule rides as far as advanced as possible. Reservations are accepted daily between 8:00am-3:00pm. The cost to ride TRAM is $10.00 round trip and $8.00 one way. All TRAM vans are equipped with lifts which accommodates standard size wheelchairs or passengers who may utilized the lift for boarding and disembarking. To make a reservation call 256-532-3792.
NOTARY. The church office now has the ability to notarize official documents. This service is available to all church members, family, teachers, and MDO families. If you need a document notarized, please contact Lynn at 256- 698-7258.
BOTTLED WATER DRIVE. The mission team has start collecting bottled water for the homeless community as soon as we return to our regular Sunday worship service. If you need assistance bringing in the water, please contact the church office. Donations may be left outside the main entrance. We will check the area daily to make sure it is brought inside.
PRAYER LIST. Please take a moment to look over the prayer list. If you placed a loved one or friend on the list and may now be removed, please notify the church office by email at email@example.com. The prayer list is in an image file to prevent names from being indexed in search engines.