For those who prefer YouTube, our YouTube channel is here
Facebook Archive past services
The Order for Worship – Third Sunday after Epiphany
Call to Worship – Pastor Todd
Welcome – Pastor Todd
Youth Ministry Moment – Amber Cloud
Hymn No. 61 “Come, Thou Almighty King”
1. Come, thou almighty King, help us thy name t sing, help us to praise! Father all glorious, o’er all victorious, come and reign over us, Ancient of Days!
2. Come, thou incarnate Word, gird on thy mighty sword, our prayer attend! Come, and thy people bless, and give thy word success; Spirit of holiness, on us descend!
3. Come, holy Comforter, thy sacred witness bear in this glad hour. Thou who almighty art, now rule in every heart, and ne’er from us depart, Spirit of power!
4. To thee, great One in Three, eternal praises be, hence, evermore. Thy sovereign majesty may we in glory see, and to eternity love and adore!
Affirmation of Faith – The Apostle’s Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic** church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. Amen.
Children’s Moment Kelly Priest
Congregational Prayer Pastor Todd
Hymn No. 428. “For the Healing of the Nations”
1. For the healing of the nations, Lord, we pray with one accord; for a just and equal sharing of things that earth affords; to a life of love in action help us rise and pledge our word, help us rise and pledge our word.
2. Lead us forward into freedom; from despair your world release, that, redeemed from war and hatred, all may come and go in peace. Show us how through care and goodness fear will die and hope increase, fear will die and hope increase.
3. All that kills abundant living, let it from the earth be banned, pride of status, race, or schooling, dogmas that obscure your plan. In our common quest for justice may we hallow life’s brief span, may we hallow life’s brief span.
4. You, Creator God, have written your great name on humankind; for our growing in your likeness bring the life of Christ to mind, that by our response and service earth its destiny may find, earth its destiny may find.
Scripture Jonah 3:1-5, 3:10-4:1 Pastor Todd
The word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time, saying, 2 ‘Get up, go to Nineveh, that great city, and proclaim to it the message that I tell you.’ 3 So Jonah set out and went to Nineveh, according to the word of the Lord. Now Nineveh was an exceedingly large city, a three days’ walk across. 4 Jonah began to go into the city, going a day’s walk. And he cried out, ‘Forty days more, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!’ 5 And the people of Nineveh believed God; they proclaimed a fast, and everyone, great and small, put on sackcloth.
10 When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil ways, God changed his mind about the calamity that he had said he would bring upon them; and he did not do it.
Sermon “God Loves Your Enemies” Pastor Todd
Hymn No. 365 “Grace Greater than Our Sin”
Refrain: Grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within; grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that is greater than all our sin!
1. Marvelous race of our loving Lord, grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt! Yonder on Calvary’s mount outpoured, there where the blood of the Lamb was split.
2. Sin and despair, like the sea waves cold, threaten the soul with infinite loss; grace that is greater, yes, grace untold, points to the refuge, the mighty cross.
3. Dark is the stain that we cannot hide. What can avail to wash it away? Look! There is flowing a crimson tide, brighter than snow you may be today.
4. Marvelous, infinite, matchless grace, freely bestowed on all who believe! You that are longing to see his face, will you this moment his grace receive?
Giving of Tithes and Offerings: Click here to give online OR mail checks to 2102 Epworth Dr., Huntsville, AL 35811
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; praise him, all creatures here below; praise him above, ye heavenly host; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
† You are invited to stand. Yes, we know you are at home, but you are still invited to stand!
YOUTH MINISTRY. FAMILY NIGHT! Please join us on zoom at 6:00pm for some Epworth Jeopardy, brush up on your Bible trivia knowledge and Epworth knowledge to get ready for game night! Due to the COVID numbers we are going to go ahead and stick with this month being online, we will update you on next month.
SOUPER BOWL SUNDAY – Souper Bowl Sunday will look a little different this year. On February 7th, the youth will offer a no contact soup “pick-up and go” or “delivery service.” A pre-order form will be sent out the week prior, then on Sunday, February 7th you can pick-up your soup after worship at the church from 11:30am-12:30pm (lower level, double doors) or have it delivered that afternoon. If you would like to donate a crock pot of soup or have any questions, please email Amber.
WARMTH-IN-WINTER SUPPORT – Youth will be participating in the TN conference youth retreat this year! We will be joining them virtually from here in the church. If you would like to help the youth by making a meal or donation or two please sign up here https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4ba8a62ca7f85-warmthinwinter
WARMTH IN WINTER – Winter retreat COVID style! February 12-14, we will be joining the TN Conference for their virtual youth retreat. You will have the option to stay the night or pick up your child each night and bring them back in the morning. The cost for this weekend is $35 and food will be provided. The registration deadline is January 11 (the price does increase a little bit after that due to shipping costs). Masks will be required all times we are not eating, for sleeping arrangements we will spread out in Sunday school rooms and preschool rooms.
I will need help in lots help from our parents to support the youth and retreat. I will have a google document by January 12th set up where you an sign up where you want to help that weekend. You can volunteer for one meal or the whole weekend. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
ASP INFORMATION. Looking forward with hope, we are registered for ASP!! We will be going on mission trip June 13-18. If you would like to volunteer as an adult please contact me, we have a limited number of volunteer spots available due to what ASP has requested. To register your student go to please fill out this form on google and I will then register your student with our group. Please let me know if you have any questions or have any problems with the google form.
HAND WARMERS FOR FIRST STOP – Johnice reports that First Stop is in need of individual hand warmers. If you have some or can pick some up, just drop them off at the church and we’ll get them to First Stop.
FLOWERS FOR 2021 – If you would like to sponsor flowers on a Sunday or Sundays in 2021 in honor or memory of someone, please let Lynn know by calling the church office or sending her an email email@example.com). Please let her know (1) the date you’d like and (2) who they are in honor or memory of. The cost is $35. You may take the flowers home when you’ve sponsored them. Even if we’re still in virtual only worship, you can make arrangements to come and pick them up. If you don’t wish to pick them up, Opal will often take them to someone to brighten their day.
WORSHIP NOW BEING RECORDED AHEAD OF TIME – We have struggled to consistently keep up with changes that Facebook has been making to its live-streaming platform and have had several problems in recent weeks with it. In order to provide a more reliable and consistent experience, we’ve decided to record the service ahead of time on Wednesday and have it uploaded and ready to premiere on Facebook, YouTube and our church website on Sunday at 10:15 am.
Last week was one of the Sundays that we had a bit of trouble. If you weren’t able to tune in, you can catch the worship service here: https://fb.watch/2TdwQNawkZ/
One of the consequences of doing things this way is that when something major happens like it did yesterday, whatever you record earlier in the week may feel dated by Sunday. Although we were aware of what was happening when we recorded worship this week, there was not enough time to re-write a sermon, adjust the Scripture or other such things that we may have chosen to do if we still had until Sunday. This is one of the reasons I chose to share with you the thoughts above and as necessary may need to supplement any recorded ahead of time worship with pastoral responses to events, death notices, and other unforseen happenings.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR FAMILIES AFTER WORSHIP – Amber and Kelly are starting something new. Each week they are preparing some questions that go along with our weekly Scripture and worship themes for children and youth families to use together. But even if you don’t have children or youth, you may wish to receive these questions. If so, please let Amber or Kelly know.
PRAYER LIST. Please take a moment to look over the prayer list. If you placed a loved one or friend on the list and may now be removed, please notify the church office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The prayer list is in an image file to prevent names from being indexed in search engines.