Tune in on this page to watch worship LIVE at 10:15 am on Sundays.
The Order for Worship – Palm Sunday
Prelude – Nicky Wilson, Organist
Call to Worship – Pastor Todd
Welcome – Pastor Todd
† Hymn of Praise:
No. 280 “All Glory, Laud, and Honor”
Refrain: All glory, laud, and honor to thee, Redeemer, King, to whom the lips of children made sweet hosanas ring.
- Thou art the King of Israel, though David’s royal son, who is the Lord’s name comest, the King and Blessed One.
- The company of angels are praising thee on high, and we with all creation in chorus make reply.
- The people of the Hebrews with psalms before thee went; our prayer and praise and anthems before thee we present.
- To thee, before thy passion, they sang their hymns of praise; to thee, now high exalted, our melody we raise.
- Thou didst accept their praises; accept the prayers we bring, who in the good delightest, thou good and gracious King.
† Affirmation of Faith – Lenten Creed
We believe that our lives are held within the encircling love of God, who knows our names and recognizes our deepest needs. We believe that Christ is the divine Child of the living God, and that his grace is like living waters that can never be exhausted. We believe in the birthing, renewing, enabling Spirit of God who yearns over our welfare as a mother yearns for her child. We believe that God is in the arid desert as well as in green pastures, and that hard times and disciplines are also loving gifts. We believe that our journey has a purpose and a destination, and that our path leads to a human glory we cannot yet imagine. We believe that in the church we are fellow pilgrims on the road, and that we are called to love one another as God loves us. This is our faith and we are humbled to profess in Jesus the Christ. Amen.
† Gloria Patria
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. Amen.
Children’s Moment – Kelly Priest
Congregational Prayer – Pastor Todd
Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen
† Hymn of Praise:
No. 277 “Tell Me the Stories of Jesus”
- Tell me the stories of Jesus I love to hear; scenes by the wayside, tales of the sea, stories of Jesus tell them to me.
- First let me hear how the children stood round his knee, and I shall fancy his blessing resting on me; all in the love light of Jesus’ face.
- Into the city I’d follow the children’s band, waving a branch of palm tree high in my hand; one of his heralds, yes, I would sing loudest hosannas, “Jesus is King!”
Giving of Tithes and Offerings: Click here to give online OR mail checks to 2102 Epworth Dr., Huntsville, AL 35811
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; praise him, all creatures here below; praise him above, ye heavenly host; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
Sermon – “Help, Hooray, Hope, Hosanna” – Pastor Todd
† Hymn of Dedication:
No. 278 ”Hosanna, Loud Hosanna
- Hosanna, loud hosana, the little children sang; through pillared court and temple the lovely anthem rang. To Jesus, who had blessed them close folded to his breast, the children sang their praises, the simplest and the best.
- From Olivet they followed mid an exultant crowd, the victor palm branch waving, the chanting clear and loud. To Jesus, who had blessed the close folded to his breast, the children sang their praises, the simplest and the best.
- “Hosanna in the Highest!” that ancient song we sing, for Christ is our Redeemer, the Lord of heaven our King. O may we ever praise him with heart and life and voice, and in his blissful presence eternally rejoice!
† You are invited to stand. Yes, we know you are at home, but you are still invited to stand!
DURING HOLY WEEK
Good Jesu, my God and my all,
Be thou all to me,
Be thou all in me,
That I may be all thine,
And all they will mine.
Make me cheerful under every cross,
For love of thy Cross;
Take from me all which displeases thee,
Or hinders thy love in me,
That I am may deeply love thee.
Melt me with they love,
That I may be all love,
And with my whole being love thee.
Good Jesus, who gavest thyself for me,
Give me of the fullness of thy love,
That for all thy love,
With thy love, I may love thee.
Source: Harper Collings Book of Prayer (Page 294, #5)
LENTEN DISCIPLINES FOR THE WEEK
4/5 – Weekly Theme “Servant”
4/6 – Trade doing something for yourself today and doing something for someone else.
4/7 – Offer to help someone with something today.
4/8 – Spend the day noticing needs. Write them down.
4/9 – Prayer – During Holy Week.
4/10 – Malachi 3:16-18.
4/11 – Find someone or some group to do an act of service for today.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. Mark your calendar for VBS this summer! We will journey into the Wilderness, June 15th-18th, 9:30am-11:30am. If you would like to volunteer to help, please contact Kelly.
PRAYER LIST. Please take a moment to look over the prayer list. If you placed a loved one or friend on the list and may now be removed, please notify the church office by email at email@example.com. The prayer list is in an image file to prevent names from being indexed in search engines.