EPWORTH UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
2102 Epworth Drive
Huntsville, Alabama 35811
(Approved by the Board of Trustees on December 3, 2015)
FACILITY USE GUIDELINES
The purpose of all property (real and personal) owned by Epworth Methodist United Church (EUMC) is dedicated to the glory of God and service to humanity. These guidelines are to govern the use of properties described in Section 2, herein below. Any and all activities at EUMC must not be inconsistent with the UMC doctrinal beliefs, social principles, and social creed of the United Methodist Church (http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/social-principles-social-creed).
- FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT COVERED BY THESE GUIDELINES
- Fellowship Hall, Fellowship Hall Kitchen, Sunday School Rooms, Parlor, lounge areas, kitchenettes, and associated equipment.
- Music area must comply with separate guidelines with the approval of the Senior Pastor and Music Director.
- Areas designated primarily for use by the Mother’s Day Out Program require approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Weddings are governed by a separate policy, which includes fees and deposits. (Link forthcoming)
- Use of the Van is governed by a separate policy. (Link forthcoming)
- Complete applications must be submitted to the church secretary using the EUMC Application Form/or online web form (epworthumc.net/facility-use). See Attachment I.
- Written (or electronic) applications are required for all activities.
- Applications that are not EUMC sponsored activities must provide a contact person and identify the individual to be held accountable for proper use and for repairs of any damage.
- Applications should be made at least 30 days in advance. At their sole discretion, the Senior Pastor or the Chairman of the Board of Trustees may waive the 30-day requirement.
- APPROVAL PROCESS
The EUMC Secretary will process applications, provide notification of receipt of the application, determine the availability of use, and submit to the approval officials (the Senior Pastor and/or the Board of Trustees).
- PRIORITY OF AUTHORIZED ACTIVITIES
- Ministries and/or programs sponsored by Epworth United Methodist Church.
- Ministries and/or programs sponsored by the United Methodist Church.
- Routine activities sponsored and attended by a EUMC member for a non-commercial/non-political organization/group.
- Non-routine activities sponsored and attended by a EUMC member for a non-commercial organization/group.
- Non-commercial/non-political organizations/groups/individuals whose activities are approved by the Board of Trustees, at their sole discretion.
- Commercial/political organizations/groups/individuals whose activities are determined to be primarily a service to the community by the Board of Trustees at their sole discretion.
- APPROVAL AUTHORITY
- Activities listed under paragraphs 5a and 5b above require advance approval by the Senior Pastor of EUMC.
- Activities listed under paragraphs 5c through 5f above require advance approval of the Board of Trustees.
- RIGHT TO CHANGE AND/OR RESCIND
- Reserving the facility will be on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to the order listed above. If a scheduling conflict develops between events sponsored by EUMC and an organization/group not affiliated with Epworth, reasonable means will be used to resolve the scheduling conflict. If not resolved, priority will be given to Epworth sponsored events.
- The use of facilities by any regularly scheduled activity may be reviewed periodically and areas designated for those activities areas may change if deemed necessary at the sole discretion of the Senior Pastor or the Board of Trustees.
- Activities may be canceled by the Senior Pastor in the case of inclement weather (snow, ice, tornado, etc. )
- The Board of Trustees reserves the right to terminate the use of facilities temporarily or permanently at any time for any reason.
- OFF-SITE USE OF EUMC PROPERTY
Tables and chairs may be used off-site from EUMC facilities with the advance approval of the Board of Trustees.
- FELLOWSHIP HALL KITCHEN
- The Fellowship Hall Kitchen may be used by any EUMC sponsored activity, so long as a designated member is present to provide appropriate supervision.
- Kitchen appliances may only be used by those who have been trained by a designated member.
- The Senior Pastor or Chairman of the Board of Trustees may authorize partial use of the main kitchen (use of water, ice, microwave, and available space in the refrigerator).
- The Board of Trustees may authorize full use of the kitchen, so long as a designated member is present to provide appropriate supervision.
- No kitchen equipment to include silverware, crystal, china, and table cloths may be taken off site.
- FEES AND DEPOSITS
(1) Non-Epworth Sponsored Events will be charged for the use of a Sunday School Room/Parlor at the rate of $100.00 per day plus a custodian fee of $25.00 if set-up and cleanup will be required.
(2) Non-Epworth Sponsored Event will be charged for the use of the Fellowship Hall at the rate of $200.00 per day plus a custodian fee of $50 for set-up and cleanup if set-up and cleanup will be required.
(1) $100.00 refundable deposit will be required for the use of a Sunday School Room/Parlor.
(2)������������ $200.00 refundable deposit will be required for the use of the Fellowship Hall.
- Authority to Waive Fees and Deposits:
Under special circumstances, the Senior Pastor and/or the Board of Trustees may waive fees and/or deposits at their sole discretion under special circumstances.
- All users are expected to protect church facilities and property from damage or loss.
- Facilities are to be left clean and in the same place and condition they are found (floor cleaned, trash picked up and bagged, table & chairs restacked, etc.)
- EUMC assumes no liability for loss, injury, or damage to persons or property resulting directly or indirectly from non-EUMC/UMC activities.
- Any damage to EUMC facilities or property resulting from misuse by persons or groups will be the sole responsibility of the person signing the Church Usage and Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement (Attachment II).
- When required by the Board of Trustees, advanced verification of adequate insurance coverage will be provided.
- If any property of EUMC is damaged, the Senior Pastor and/or the Chairman of the Board of Trustees will be immediately notified.