Worship for April 19
Tune in on this page to watch worship LIVE at 10:15 am on Sundays.
For those who prefer YouTube, our YouTube channel is here
The Order for Worship – Second Sunday of Easter
Prelude – Nicky Wilson, Organist
Call to Worship – Pastor Todd
Welcome – Pastor Todd
† Hymn of Praise: No. 304 “Easter People, Raise Your Voices”
- Easter people, raise your voices, sounds of heaven and earth should ring. Christ has brought us heaven’s choices; heavenly music, let it ring. Alleluia! Alleluia! Easter people, let us sing.
- Fear of death can no more stop us from our pressing here below. For our Lord empowered us to triumph over every foe. Alleluia! Alleluia! On to victory now we go.
- Every day to us is Easter, with its resurrection song. When in trouble move the faster to our God who rights the wrong. Alleluia! Alleluia! See the power of heavenly throngs.
† Affirmation of Faith – Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
† Gloria Patria
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. Amen.
Children’s Moment – Kelly Priest
Congregational Prayer – Pastor Todd
Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen
† Hymn of Praise: No. 384 “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling”
- Love divine, all loves excelling, joy of heaven, to earth come down; fix in us thy humble dwelling; all thy faithful mercies crown! Jesus, thou art all compassion, pure, unbounded love thou art, visit us with thy salvation enter every trembling heart.
- Breathe, O breathe thy loving Spirit into every troubled breast! Let us all in thee inherit; let us find that second rest. Take away our bent to sinning; Alpha and Omega be; end of faith, as its beginning, set our hearts at liberty.
- Come, Almighty to deliver, let us all thy life receive, suddenly return and never, never more thy temples leave. Thee we would be always blessing serve thee as thy hosts above, pray and praise thee without ceasing, glory in thy perfect love.
- Finish, then, thy new creation; pure and spotless let us be. Let us see thy great salvation perfectly restored in thee; changed from glory into glory, till in heaven we take our place, till we cast out crowns before thee, lost in wonder, love, and praise.
Giving of Tithes and Offerings: Click here to give online OR mail checks to 2102 Epworth Dr., Huntsville, AL 35811
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; praise him, all creatures here below; praise him above, ye heavenly host; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
Scripture – John 20:19-31 – Pastor Todd
Sermon – “It Just Isn’t the Same” – Pastor Todd
† Hymn of Dedication:
No. 462 “’Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus”
- ‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, and to take him at his word; just to rest upon his promise and know, “Thus saith the Lord.”
- O how sweet to trust in Jesus, just to trust his cleaning blood; and in simple faith to plunge me neath the healing, cleansing flood!
- Yes, ‘tis sweet to trust in Jesus, just from sin and self to cease; just from Jesus simply taking life and rest, and joy and peace.
- I’m so glad I learned to trust thee, precious Jesus, Savior, friend; and I know that art with me, wilt be with me to the end.
Refrain – Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him! How I’ve proved him o’er and o’er! Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus! O for grace to trust him more!
† You are invited to stand. Yes, we know you are at home, but you are still invited to stand!
EASTER LILIES. Thank you for ordering Easter Lilies in honor or memory of a loved one. The lilies have been moved outside the main entrance of the church for pick-up. Any lilies not picked up by the end of April will be planted on the church campus.
Easter Lily(s) in Honor of:
Our children and grandchildren, given by Jim and Bonnie Treadway.
Our Epworth Choir, given by Boy and Kari Hawkins (2)
Our children, Tucker Hawkins, Anna Hawkins-Malone and my mother Carol Self, given by Kari and Boyd Hawkins (3).
Lynn Quann, given by Wanda and Reek Wilson
The awesome Youth of Epworth! Given by Ashley Colbert.
My daughter, Daisy Carpenter, given by Leigh Carpenter.
Nan Rice, given by Johnice Young.
Opal Meek, given by Mary Louise Bradley.
Carolyn Glover, given by Nell Rose Brackett.
Easter Lily(s) in memory of:
My parents Leonard and Clara Mae Brooks, given by Nell Rose Brackett.
My grandparents, Sibley and Docie Brazelton, given by Nell Rose Brackett.
Tommy and Wilbia Lee Howard, given by Nell Rose Brackett.
Edward Friday, given by Ruth Friday.
Jay Carpenter, given by Leigh Carpenter.
Jack Hucks, given by Ina Hucks.
My parents, Cecil and Agnes Mauldin, given by Linda Hooper.
My husband, Joe Hooper and in-laws, J.B. and Frances Hooper, given Linda Hooper.
Barney Morrison, given by Libby Morrison.
Bobby Ballew, given by Nancy Ballew.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. Mark your calendar for VBS this summer! We will journey into the Wilderness, June 15th-18th, 9:30am-11:30am. If you would like to volunteer to help, please contact Kelly.
NOTARY. The church office now has the ability to notarize official documents. This service is available to all church members, family, teachers, and MDO families. If you need a document notarized, please contact Lynn at 256- 698-7258. She is able to perform her notary duties via video teleconference.
UM DISASTER RELIEF WAREHOUSE. Dear Epworth UMC, Thank you for your 2019 donation of $2,2025 to the UMC Disaster Relief Warehouse located in Decatur, Alabama. As a result of your contribution, the warehouse is better able to meet the needs of those impacted by natural disasters, those who need assistance in our local communities and our missionaries participating in the Christmas Shoe Box Ministry. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. We encourage you to visit the warehouse to see first-hand how your donations are being put to use. Thank you again for your contribution and we know that God will bless our combined efforts to serve His people.
BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS MINISTRY INITIATIVE. There will be a initial planning meeting
Sunday, Marth 29th after worship in the Homemakers Room. We will announce a new meeting time/date when pandemic precautions have been lifted.
BOTTLED WATER DRIVE. The mission team will start collecting bottled water for the homeless community as soon as we return to our regular Sunday worship service. If you need assistance bringing in the water, please contact the church office. Donations may be left in the narthex coat area.
PRAYER LIST. Please take a moment to look over the prayer list. If you placed a loved one or friend on the list and may now be removed, please notify the church office by email at email@example.com. The prayer list is in an image file to prevent names from being indexed in search engines.