Easter Sunday 10:15 am Worship
Tune in on this page to watch worship LIVE at 10:15 am on Sundays.
For those who prefer YouTube, the worship service is here: https://youtu.be/2CyNgy2VaLw
The Order for Worship – Easter Sunday
Prelude – Nicky Wilson, Organist
Call to Worship – Pastor Todd
Pastor: He is Risen
People: He is Risen Indeed! (Say aloud at home and/or comment online)
Welcome – Pastor Todd
† Hymn of Praise:
No. 302 “Christ the Lord Is Risen Today”
- Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia! Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia! Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia! Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!
- Love’s redeeming work is done, Alleluia! Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia! Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia! Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia!
- Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia! Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia! Once he died our souls to save, Alleluia! Where’s thy victory, boasting grave? Alleluia!
- Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia! Following our exalted Head, Alleluia! Made like him, like him we rise, Alleluia! Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!
- Hail the Lord of earth and heaven, Alleluia! Praise to thee by both be given, Alleluia! Thee we greet triumphant now, Alleluia! Hail the Resurrection, thou, Alleluia!
- King of glory, soul of bliss, Alleluia! Everlasting life of this, Alleluia! Thee to know, thy power to prove, Alleluia! Thus to sing, and thus to love, Alleluia!
† Affirmation of Faith – Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
† Gloria Patria
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. Amen.
Children’s Moment – Kelly Priest
Interactive Word Cloud
Where do you see new life in your world? Share your responses.
Go to menti.com and enter code 44 61 89
Congregational Prayer – Pastor Todd
Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen
† Hymn of Praise:
No. 322 “Up from the Grave He Arose”
- Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior, waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!
2. Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior, vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!
3. Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior, he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!
Refrain – Up from the grave he arose, with a mighty triumpho’er his foes; he arose a victor from the dark domain, and he lives forever, with his saints to reign. He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!
Giving of Tithes and Offerings: Click here to give online OR mail checks to 2102 Epworth Dr., Huntsville, AL 35811
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; praise him, all creatures here below; praise him above, ye heavenly host; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
Special Music – “Was It a Morning Like This” – Eric Wilson
Scripture – John 20:1-18 – Pastor Todd
Sermon – Expecting a Body – Pastor Todd
† Hymn of Dedication:
No. 310 “He Lives”
- I serve a risen Savior, he’s in the world today; I know that he is living, whatever foes may say. I see his hand of mercy, I hear his voice of cheer, and just the time I need him, he’s always near.
2. In all the world around me I see his loving care, and though my heart grows weary, I never will despair. I know that he is leading through all the stormy blast; the day of his appearing will come at last.
3. Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King! The hope of all who seek him, the help of all who find; none other is so loving, so good and kind.
Refrain – He lives, he lives, Christ Jesus Lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way. He lives, he lives, salvation to impart! You ask me how I know he lives? He lives within my heart.
† You are invited to stand. Yes, we know you are at home, but you are still invited to stand!
EASTER LILIES. Thank you for ordering Easter Lilies in honor or memory of a loved one. You will be able to pick-up your lily on Monday after 10:00am at the front door of the church. Any lilies not picked up by the end of April will be planted on the church campus.
Easter Lily(s) in Honor of:
Our children and grandchildren, given by Jim and Bonnie Treadway.
Our Epworth Choir, given by Boy and Kari Hawkins (2)
Our children, Tucker Hawkins, Anna Hawkins-Malone and my mother Carol Self, given by Kari and Boyd Hawkins (3).
Lynn Quann, given by Wanda and Reek Wilson
The awesome Youth of Epworth! Given by Ashley Colbert.
My daughter, Daisy Carpenter, given by Leigh Carpenter.
Nan Rice, given by Johnice Young.
Opal Meek, given by Mary Louise Bradley.
Carolyn Glover, given by Nell Rose Brackett.
Easter Lily(s) in memory of:
My parents Leonard and Clara Mae Brooks, given by Nell Rose Brackett.
My grandparents, Sibley and Docie Brazelton, given by Nell Rose Brackett.
Tommy and Wilbia Lee Howard, given by Nell Rose Brackett.
Edward Friday, given by Ruth Friday.
Jay Carpenter, given by Leigh Carpenter.
Jack Hucks, given by Ina Hucks.
My parents, Cecil and Agnes Mauldin, given by Linda Hooper.
My husband, Joe Hooper and in-laws, J.B. and Frances Hooper, given Linda Hooper.
Barney Morrison, given by Libby Morrison.
Bobby Ballew, given by Nancy Ballew.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. Mark your calendar for VBS this summer! We will journey into the Wilderness, June 15th-18th, 9:30am-11:30am. If you would like to volunteer to help, please contact Kelly.
NOTARY. The church office now has the ability to notarize official documents. This service is available to all church members, family, teachers, and MDO families. If you need a document notarized, please contact Lynn at 256- 698-7258. She is able to perform her notary duties via video teleconference.
BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS MINISTRY INITIATIVE. There will be a initial planning meeting
Sunday, Marth 29th after worship in the Homemakers Room. We will announce a new meeting time/date when pandemic precautions have been lifted.
BOTTLED WATER DRIVE. The mission team will start collecting bottled water for the homeless community as soon as we return to our regular Sunday worship service. If you need assistance bringing in the water, please contact the church office. Donations may be left in the narthex coat area.
PRAYER LIST. Please take a moment to look over the prayer list. If you placed a loved one or friend on the list and may now be removed, please notify the church office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The prayer list is in an image file to prevent names from being indexed in search engines.